Pretty much a similar day as yesterday. Ate the same things in a slightly different order. I almost didn't go for the humongous salad again... but then I thought wow, I'm lucky to eat it. Compared with many people in the world, my salad woe so trivial. And anyway, the salad was delicious. Even if I haven't found a good dressing yet, I will. I ate the Moroccan Lentil soup today, much less oil. No potatoes. Had to get some more bread, after I took Mike + Bob to work. (Mike's car needs new alternator.)
Didn't get much done in the kitchen today, distracted.
I'm really missing the pinto beans from Lubys... I wanted to find a glass corning 2.5 quart casserole dish, so I could make beans and rice. But no one has them any more. They have the french white ones, but I don't want those, I want a transparent one I can also microwave broccoli and chinese cabbage and the like in, and see how it's doing through the door. If I can get up early tomorrow, perhaps I'll go to the corning outlet store on N. 75 tomorrow. I can always bake brown rice in my other cast iron dutch oven, the enamel one.
I got another electric kettle from Walmart today, also, because I've long wanted one for upstairs too, so I don't have to go to the kitchen when all I want is hot tea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment